Thursday, August 13, 2015

Whew....

Whew...I wish I could say I had a whirlwind end to my summer, but that's not the case. :( Since returning from Convention, I have been pretty tired and spent most of that week catching up on sleep since my days were full while in Disney. Early mornings and late nights and all the excitement made for very little good sleep. I was hoping to get to this "recap" of Convention much earlier, and life just got in the way. Again. Since Convention, we've had friends come to visit and been tidying the house, and then I fell ill which has consumed me the last week. Three trips to the doctor and let's just say I'm finally feeling better. Been back at work and the new school year for 2 weeks already....holy cow, summer flew by. 

Anyhow, let's get into the nitty gritty of excitement of convention. I wasn't sure I was going to go, but finally convinced myself and as has been the experience in the past two years I'm so glad I did! I was pretty much "on my own," this year, my sister wasn't able to make it and my sister-in-law was smashing in a vacation generated by my brother at the same time. I did get to spend some time with them, and my niece and nephew IN Disneyland, so for that I am as always, ever grateful. 


I think I am finally ready to get back into a normal routine, as much as I enjoy the perks of summer off, I think I thrive with structure! My head is full of new ideas, and a resurgence of energy for CTMH and all the wonders that it holds. Having convention in Disney is powerful, as we all know Disney is driven and full of imagination! 


I arrived on Wednesday to LAX, a bit early, because I had planned to spend some time in Downtown Disney before evening events started. Once I was checked into the Disneyland Hotel I freshened up and headed downtown. I hit the World of Disney store, proactively buying souveniers before I got caught up in convention madness, and ate a late lunch at the House of Blues. My new "roomie" checked in and we grabbed a couple drinks there as well then we headed off to the Stampers with Attitude Team Meeting. Our Executive Director, Kim Moss, did not let us down, between herself and her first downlines they presented great business building ideas and much more to share to jump start convention! Spent some time catching up with my sister in law, Trish...and headed to bed early (for the only time that week!)


The Disney movie "UP" was used as inspiration to support CTMH's theme of "Make It From Your Heart." Let me tell you, this is one of my very favorite movies and I was almost brought to tears when these guys were the first on scene opening convention on Thursday, July 9th. 




The day was fabulous. Not only does CTMH do a GREAT job in inspiring and teaching us they present everything with top rate shows and tons of pizzaz. 





In addition to a great opening show, we received the brand new Annual Inspirations Idea Book that will go live to customers, on September 1. As tradition holds, we received an amazing new product bag  



(a convention exclusive), the new catalog and goodies for the first few creative session projects!
SNEAK PEAK

Friday, July 10:  It was another great day of excitement and inspiration.  CTMH surprised us with a brand new mini-catalog called "Holiday Expressions" that will go live with the annual catalog on September 1, its stocked full of amazing Autumn and Winter holiday goodies.  There was Holiday music & snow!!!!   We had Extravaganza where you go from mini session to mini session where CTMH guru's introduce and showcase products they've made with all the new goodies!!!! 



Friday evening yet another amazing awards banquet. I love watching Teams be celebrated and awards handed out. And the food is oh so yummy! 


Saturday, July 11:  Saturday was the last day of Convention. This is my favorite day because of what is offered, and the saddest, because it all ends until next year.  I LOVE the Product Showcase! Its an opportunity again, to get up and close with a few of the products and see how those CTMH guru's come up with and make their wonderful creations and its time for additional creative sessions! 

Intermingled into this all I went into DISNEYLAND and CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE with my family!   SOO much fun! Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment