Sunday, February 11, 2018

Ups, Downs and All Around



So.
I have been thinking about this blog.

What I set out to do with it.  What it has become or more accurately, NOT become. What I could use it for.

Inspiration. Not just the craft kind, because, well....that's obviously not working.

I have kept a journal since I was 7 years old and I still continue to do so. It centers me, eases my mind, provides a way for me to think things over, make decisions and reflect.


I definitely don't journal as much as I used to, and I find myself longing for it. It used to be about having the write notebook, pens, markers, time, etc. Lately (well, over the last few years) it has become more relative to the thought of "why bother?"


Who's going to care? Who's going to read my story and think,"Oh that sounds like her" or "I finally understand why she did xx xx or why she felt xxxx."


I do not  have children of my own (not by choice) or someone to pass these on to (partially by circumstances) but my life has meaning. Doesn't it? Why not share my stories? My thoughts, my gobble de goop that is caught in my mind.


Maybe it will give someone a reason to smile or laugh. Feel okay to question themselves. To be OK with Not being OK.


I read others' blogs and find myself thinking, "Oh my, she gets it," or, "I never thought about it like that."


So why not try? What do I have to lose?


Hope you join me on this journey. I am not sure what it will look like. I do not even think I know WHAT I want it to "look" like. Guess what?  That's me. A little bit of sunshine, some clouds...a bit thunderous at times. Full of beauty and wonder and curiosity. Playing it safe, but not too safe. So here I am. Maybe something will strike a chord. Maybe you will laugh because you find something is funny or humorous. Or maybe you smile because you chuckled, thinking, "what a dork." Somedays what I share may make you cry. Feel relief, or sadness, or empathy. Give you strength in a moment when you didn't realize that was what you needed. 


Here I am.  I hope you come back and visit me from time to time. That is all I can hope for. NOTHING to LOSE and maybe a little something to gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment